August 12, 2009

wedding bells & shopping. a lot.

Hot and I haven't decided on a wedding date yet, but we decided tonight that we'll probably only want a few people there....for lag purposes (and because we're both anti-social and don't have many friends xD) He said that my wedding dress will be HIGH prim and it will look fabulous....and that's when I let him in on Nicky Ree's, which is the shop I've been eyeing for a dress.






We also went around looking for land when we both got online. He showed me this place called "Rasta Keys", and it's a cute little set of islands. I like it...but it's just not what I had in mind. We decided in the end that as long as we were together, it wouldn't matter if we lived under a bridge like hobos. I also warned him that no matter what kind of cardboard box we get, I'm going to try and decorate it. :)






I mentioned to Hot that I really wanted a new skin, so he took me to the place where he got his sexy skin at. I tried on a couple of demos...but nothing really seemed right. None of the new skins with voluminous lips and smokey eyes seemed to work on my shape. This was one of the demos I tried on...and as you can see, I looked even more hideous than before. I did get a good laugh out of it, though. I got a little frustrated with shopping for skins, so Hot and I went back to the yacht to dance.



After he signed off, I got bored and went around the yacht, looking for things to do. I spied the blue boat that belongs to his sister, Blue. "Well, what the hell. Why not?" I said to myself as I got behind the wheel. The boat entertained me for a good 5 minutes...until I got bored and parked it.

I remember seeing Ch'know's blog post about her new skin she got from Laqroki. I loved the look of it...so after I parked the boat, I decided to visit Laqroki's store. And it's become my favorite store yet. The design is incredible. It's so cute and modern....I just fell in love with it. I spent a good hour in there looking around at things..but I only tried on one demo. The designer, Mallory (who also shares my name xD) charges you 1 linden to buy a demo (I'm guessing for tracking purposes) so I was picky about which demo I chose. I settled on the "blondie" one, and when I tried it on, I loved it. I'm stuck between two makeup options, though.



I'm not sure which one I like better. I'm in love with the blue glowy detail in the first picture, but then again...I may not always wear something that looks good with the blue. *sigh* All I know is that I HAVE to get this skin...I feel like it's the perfect one for me. It's just so beautiful and detailed....I'm going to drool over it until I get it. I really don't want to take it off...but I really don't want to walk around with Laqroki tattoos all over my skin, either....

When I got the skin home so I could see the detailing (because public nudity is a crime, children!), I was even more pleased with it. Maybe it's just because I'm a newbie...but I seriously love this skin. It's just so much more glowy than my original one. It's like my whole appearance has gotten younger, fresher, and just more beautiful.

And, FYI, this is the last picture you'll be seeing like this of me for a while. So enjoy it while you can, and don't show your kids. :)



Anyway, Laqroki is definitely worth a visit. I will warn you, their prices are a little steep, but somehow I feel that it's worth paying for the quality you get. I'd recommend shopping there at least once, even if you only want to go and try on the demos. :)

And I'm telling you. I will get that skin. Don't know how, and don't know when. But I must have it.