August 11, 2009

engagements and hair shopping.

If you couldn't have already guessed by the title....I'll let you in on tonight's events. I'm not sure what made him do it, but Hot asked for my virtual hand in marriage tonight. And I couldn't be more excited....I've never done the whole SL-marriage thing before...so I'm pretty happy about it!! We were dancing on the top dance floor of the yacht when he asked me....




So now, I've got to get busy finding a dress. I've already got a freebie one....but one of those Nicky Ree gowns is really calling my name. My engagement ring is already amazing....he gave that to me a couple weeks ago, actually. But he waited until tonight to really ask me. :) This is a picture from a while back (when I still had crappy freebie flexi hair) (okay, it's really not that bad looking actually) and it kind of showcases my ring...I promise it looks way better in world.

Anyway, I seriously couldn't be more thrilled. Tonight we made some kind of other bet and he randomly paid me $199L. So...for the entire night (up until now) I've been shopping....trying to figure out what I really want to spend it on. I have to spend wisely......and it's such a damn hard decision when there are so many good options out there.

What I really want (and desperately need) is a good, high-quality skin. And one of those is seriously overpriced....the whole cost would rack up to about 1000L. And there is absolutely no way in hell I'm going to ask Hot for 1000 just so I can have some dumb skin with painted on nipples. The main reason I want a new skin is because of the makeup on my current one. I absolutely despise it. I mean, come on now...in RL, I'm 18. The last time I wore lipstick that color was in a theatre production. And the eyelashes have some kind of weird orange bits on the tips of them...which looks a little like halloween gone wrong. Seriously, I think I'd be happier with KISS makeup than what I'm wearing right now. I guess it's a good thing the hairstyles I picked out cover my face a little bit. xD

Honestly, I'm so broke right now....I've been considering taking up stripping or something. I mean, yeah, it's cheap and nasty....but it pays seriously well. :) I'm pretty sure that was a joke. It's a joke until I get completely fed up with having no money. It's like, when I randomly get 1 linden for whatever reason, I'm some little child in a damn candy shop. I get so excited and jump around....it's starting to feel like RL. xD

Today I decided to check out a really awesome store...and found that it was seriously noteworthy. I also happen to follow Natalia Zelmanov's blog.....and she is the owner of said amazing store, Sirena. I may be a newbie, but this girl makes hairs that are the most original I've seen yet. She sells ones that are actually scripted, which come with two separate hairstyles you can attach. The hair is pinned up in a creative way (and there are plenty of styles to choose from) and, when a person (or yourself) clicks on the hair accessory, the hair will fall down into another style. These styles were the most impressive to me...and I'm really eyeing a particular one that has some beautiful curls:

The pinned-up style for this one is equally beautiful. I'm just still trying to decide if I want it or not...because Hot just bought me 3 new hairstyles as a gift :)

There is another new style that caught my attention as well. If I may be blunt in the description...it's a hairstyle that gets wet. :) It sounds crazy, but it's soooo worth checking out. Once a particle of water touches the hair, the style will change, making it look "wet". The box also comes with a towel to dry the hair...and a spray bottle of water to have fun with. :) It's really worth going to check out the demo.

I'm also very impressed with her customer service. She has signs up in her store that give you the warm fuzzy feeling of, "If you have any kind of problem WHATSOEVER, then please don't hesitate to tell me, because I want you to be completely satisfied with my stuff. After all, you did just shell out $$$$$(insert amount here)$$$$ in order to buy virtual hair." And to me, that's really important.
Okay, that "shelling out $$$" thing was a little misleading. Another thing I loved about Sirena was the pricing. The hairstyle I want adds up to 195L. Which, even for me, is a steal because of what you get. Some other ripoff places will charge you double that for a hairstyle that doesn't change or do any magic tricks.....and I'll bet you their customer service sucks, too. :P

Sirena is also really well-designed and beautiful. I love the way she didn't put a bunch of huge columns and stupid crap all over the store....because that just makes places hard to navigate, and that just results in a cranky Mally. The store is very open, and it's easy to just start at one wall and make your way around. The scripted hairstyles aren't the only ones she offers....trust me, there are plenty more. I'd definitely recommend this store to anyone wanting a really original and well designed hairstyle.

I may mention that all of Nat's designs at Sirena have fully-functional demos...which is always a plus for me. Sure, we all look like idiots with giant spinning boxes floating above our heads (like some kind of knockoff Sims) but I love places with demos. And Nat's demos include everything you'll be getting in the box if you purchase a hairstyle...so it's a no-gimmicks kind of thing. Which I also love. :)

Anyway, in closing, I've also been looking at some wedding venues and such...trying to find a suitable one for Hot and me. I haven't really found one worth writing about yet....so if you happen to know of a good venue, please let me know. :) thanks in advance...even though I'll thank you a hundred times later.